The Lifespan of a Website
So you just had your website created by a web developer or made it yourself? Great! Let us be the first to tell you that your site is not done. No website is ever complete without a full scale SEO optimization of it. A site is purely meant to draw in visitors, but if you are not showing up on those first few pages of Google, that site is not fulfilling its purpose.
Your site needs to constantly be updated and improved to work with Google’s algorithm, therefore it’s never truly finished. It needs constant care, continued research, proper structuring, consistent postings or information. So the true lifespan of a site is how much energy and time you put into caring for it, because it is an ever changing piece of art.
A Site Needs to Grow
Just like most things in life, they need the time to grow and be nurtured to full growth. You first start with a solid foundation, care for it, and then continue to do so. The maintenance is a constant need. Take a lemon tree, for example, first you plant the seeds and the soil, water it when it is needed and make sure it gets enough sunlight. Without your continued support and care, it’s just a seed in the ground. Your website does not differ from the lemon tree. It needs you to put in the work for it to operate as it should.
The Game Plan
The easiest way to maintain is to first keep your goals in mind and, secondly, to have a plan. The plan should detail when things should be updated, regular maintenance checks, and, of course, ways to keep your site up to current Google standards. Here’s a few ideas on how to do this and why it’s important:
- Updates: Like any other piece of technology like a phone or laptop, your website needs to be updated. Also, a lot of websites today have widgets which allow certain features on your site.
If these things are not updated by the right time, it could cause a part of your website not to work if not the whole thing.
- In the plan, it may be a good idea to jot down when the expected update would be.
- Maintenance Checks: this can include, but is not limited to, site speed, usability, and conversion rates. These issues can also harm your site’s SEO rankings.
- Set up routine checks to ensure that all parts of the site are functioning as they should. If not, it may be a good time to fix any bugs or issues.
- Google Standards: Google is the leading search engine for search and if you want to be seen, that is where you need to start. Ensuring your site is SEO friendly and lives up to current standards is extremely pertinent.
A Team to Support You Definitely Helps
If you don’t have the time to dedicate to maintaining your website or just don’t feel you have the knowledge to do so, you might want to hire a web development expert. They will be able to ensure your site is up to date on all the backend features are present and that the site stands for the long haul. This team will know about all features of the site, such as widgets, plug-ins, and overall site health, to name a few. This team will ensure your site lives up to your goals.
Thinking of Hiring A Web Development of Design Team? Call Simply The Best Digital!
If you are looking for a team that is committed to helping you achieve the goals you want your site to achieve, then you have come to the right place. Our team here at Simply The Best Digital works with you to create and make your website dreams come true. So whether it’s creating a site from scratch, updating a current design, or just doing site maintenance, Simply The Best Digital has you covered! Call today and we will help you find a plan that works for you!